ICOH 2018 Abstract Submission Guidelines
Registration Opening & Call for Abstracts
6 February 2017
Abstract Submission Deadline - Extended
16 July 2017
End of Early Registration
15 November 2017 Extended to 22 November 2017
Notification of Abstract Acceptance
15 October 2017
Accepted Presenter Registration Deadline to Confirm Attendance**
8 December 2017
End of Mid Registration
25 January 2018
**IMPORTANT – Presenter Schedule**
All accepted oral and poster presenters will be informed of the date and time that they will be presenting in March 2018. All presenters will be emailed when the schedule is announced.
Abstract Submission for ICOH 2018 is closed.
Presenting Authors are requested to create an account and submit an abstract for review according to the guidelines set out below. Should you require any assistance or have a query about online submission, contact ICOH2018@conferencepartners.ie
- It is ESSENTIAL that you read the instructions below before you submit.
- The Presenting Author must submit the abstract and is required to be the corresponding author for that abstract
- Abstracts must be submitted in English
* You do not need to register for the Congress prior to submitting an abstract however following acceptance you must register by 8th December 2017
** If you have an accepted abstract you are entitled to get the early bird registration rate up until the 8th December 2017. You will have been provided with a link to register at this rate in your acceptance email. If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. After this date any registrations made by you will be at the prevailing congress registration fee at time of registration/payment.
Grant Applications for Participants from Low Income Countries
ICOH Congress 2018 is strongly committed to support participants from low income countries. Participants from low income countries accepted to present a paper at ICOH Congress 2018 will be able to apply for a partial or total grant on the basis of the allocated resources. For those intending to apply for a grant – please check the eligibility conditions.
** Notification of decisions will be sent to all applicants directly by the end of November 2018.**
Student Poster Competition
ICOH 2018 will host the 4th Annual Student Poster Competition. To be eligible, participants must identify themselves as a student in the online abstract submission system, where they will also submit their abstract. Following acceptance they should prepare a scientific poster to be displayed at a special Congress session. The posters will be judged on scientific quality, poster presentation quality and clarity, and the student’s ability to answer questions from a panel of international judges. There will be a cash prize for the Best Student Poster, and the winner will be recognized at the Congress closing session.
Those registered as a student between June 2015 – May 2018 are eligible to apply. Those applying for this category will be requested to provide details of the program/course of study and institution details (name, city, country) in the online abstract submission system. Those who are participating in the Student Poster Competition at ICOH 2018 should ensure that they bring with them appropriate banking details to facilitate a transfer of funds should they win one of the prizes on offer.
ILO Master Fellowship
On the occasion of the 32nd ICOH Congress a partial fellowship to attend ILO Master in OSH will be assigned to two ICOH candidates from developing countries who give a scientific presentation at the ICOH Congress 2018. The partial fellowship will cover the residential and catering package on the campus of the International Training Centre of the ILO in Turin (ITC-ILO), Italy. Applicants must be ICOH members in good standing by December 31, 2017. The call for applicants will be published on ICOH website (www.icohweb.org).
** Notification of decisions will be sent to all applicants directly**
BMJ OEM Book of Abstracts
It is our intention to have ICOH 2018 accepted abstracts published by the BMJ OEM. The author who submits the abstract must agree to the licence on behalf of all authors. Please CLICK HERE to review the licence agreement. All authors must agree or disagree to their abstract being published by the BMJ OEM. Please indicate your choice in the ‘Additional Information’ section when submitting your abstract in the submission portal.
In order to feature in the Book of Abstracts, all authors whose abstracts have been accepted into the ICOH 2018 programme must agree to the inclusion of their abstract in the Book of Abstracts and the presenting author must register for the conference
An abstract can be submitted for presentation at the Congress as one of the following categories:
- Oral Presentation
- Poster Presentation
- Student Poster Competition
The Scientific Committee may at the review stage change the Presenting Author submitted abstract category prior to notification of acceptance to ensure the continuity of the Congress programme i.e. oral presentation may be changed to poster presentation OR poster presentation to oral presentation. The presenting Author will be informed of any change to their submitted category at the acceptance notification stage.
Abstract sessions are grouped under the themes listed below shown in green. You must submit your abstract into one of the session titles shown in black below each theme:
Aging and Work
Allergy and lmmunotoxicology
Cardiology in Occupational Health
Communications in OH
Education and Training
Emergency Preparedness and Response in OH
Health Services Research
History of Prevention of Occupational Diseases
Indoor Air Quality and Health
Infectious Occupational Agents
Neurotoxicology and Psychophysiology
Occupational Health and Development
Occupational Health for Health Care Workers
|Occupational Health in the Chemical Industry
Occupational Health in Nursing
Radiation and Work
Reproductive Hazards in the Workplace
Rural Health: Agriculture, Pesticides and Organic Dusts
Small Scale Enterprises and Informal Sector
Toxicology of Metals
Unemployment, Job Insecurity
Vibration and Noise
Women Health and Work
Work Disability Prevention and Integration
Work Organization and Psychosocial Factors
Work and Vision
Submission Guidelines and Templates:
Please adhere to the following formatting guidelines when preparing abstracts for submission for ICOH 2018. Abstracts which are not correctly formatted will not be reviewed.
How to submit an abstract
The Presenting Author will be the contact person for the abstract and must submit the abstract. Once you enter the online submission portal, start by creating an Account. Please keep a record of the account details you use to set up the account as you will require them to log into both the ICOH 2018 abstract submission system and Congress registration portals. Upon successful submission of the abstract a confirmation email will be sent to the Presenting Author.
IMPORTANT: Please note that you can save your submission as a draft and return to edit the submission, but once it has been submitted the abstract cannot be edited after the close of submission deadline. If you require any assistance regarding the submission of your abstract, contact ICOH2018@conferencepartners.ie
The online abstract submission system is a simple step by step process and will ask you to input the following details:
- Title of the abstract (word limit is 20)
- Presentation type (Oral, Poster, Student Poster Competition)
- Topic must be chosen from the topic list above
- Provide three Keywords appropriate to the abstract.
- Name, affiliation, and job title of Presenting Author (this person will act as the main contact for this abstract)
- Name, affiliation, and job title of co-author(s)
- Indicate the Presenting Author as requested
- Abstract word limit is 300, excluding Title, Authors and Affiliations and Keywords
- Download the abstract template shown below to create the abstract as a Word document and then save as a Word file for uploading to the system. UPDATE: Only WORD files will be accepted for upload
- Graphs and tables may not be included in the abstract
ICOH2018 Abstract Submission Template
Abstracts must be formatted using the ICOH 2018 template. Abstracts can be submitted in English only. Click on the button to download the template. The abstract format has four main sections:
Notification of Acceptance
- Notification will be sent to the Presenting Author on 15th October 2017.
- When notified of acceptance, the Presenting Author is required to accept their offer by registering for the Congress by 8th December 2017. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of their abstract from the programme.
Terms and Conditions:
- The abstract submitted adheres to the abstract submission guidelines on the ICOH 2018 website
- The text of the abstract along with the names and affiliations, poster and/or additional documents as requested will be available on the conference app and in the BMJ OEM Book of Abstracts/Conference Proceedings on the conference website. It is the responsibility of the author to ensure that there are no copyright issues should their abstract be available on the conference app and in the BMJ OEM Book of Abstracts/Conference Proceedings.
- This abstract has only been submitted once for ICOH 2018
- A submission as a particular Abstract Category may be changed to a different Category following review in order to be accepted and included in the programme.
- Presenters may be recorded for live streaming. A recording of the presentation and a copy of the slides may be published online after the conference.
- It is the responsibility of the Presenting Author to submit the abstract. They are the main contact whose responsibility it is to communicate with other co-authors.
- The abstract submitted is in English.
- The Presenting Author is available to present at the conference between 29 April – 4 May 2018
- If an abstract cannot be presented at the Congress, please notify email@example.com ahead of the Congress to avoid compromise to the professionalism of the meeting.